Most of the collection consists of routine correspondence for both John B. McGee, chief clerk at Deweyville mill and Cecil Smith, manager of the Deweyville mill for the year 1940, as well as others. There are also pamphlets, applications, inventories, lists and miscellaneous business records.
Peavy-Moore Lumber Company became Newton County Lumber Company beginning May 3, 1943, in Deweyville, Texas. The main office for the Lumber Company was in Shreveport, Louisiana. Unfortunately the boiler and fuel house of the Planing Mill burned on August 22, 1943, the sawmill and power house burned August 6, 1944.