Skip to main content

Daniel Lumber Company Records

 Collection
Identifier: F-0003
The records in this collection include deeds, blueprints, insurance contracts, liens, and other papers relating to the different mills operated by the company.

Dates

  • 1945-1951
  • Other: Date acquired: 1995

Conditions Governing Access

Open for research.

Extent

3.00 Linear Feet

Biographical or Historical Information

William Fleming Daniel (1867-1951) began lumbering operations in Nacogdoches County around 1900 and continued operations throughout East Texas until the early 1950s. With his son, Awtrey Fleming Daniel (1894-1955), and other partners, Daniel operated sawmills in the Cushing and Caro areas, as well as a planing mill, a lumber yard, and a hardware store.

Method of Acquisition

Gift

Related Publications

For more information about the Daniel Lumber Company, see the Texas Forestry Museum's newsletter, Crosscut, third quarter, 1995, available in the East Texas Research Center.

Separated Materials

See the Daniel Lumber Company Photo Collection (P90W) for photos related to the Daniel family and the company.
Title
Guide to the Daniel Lumber Company Records

Repository Details

Part of the East Texas Research Center Repository

Contact: