Skip to main content

American Association of University Women, Nacogdoches Chapter Records

 Collection
Identifier: B-0016
This collection includes scrapbook pages, newspaper clippings and photocopies of newspaper clippings, photographs, original event brochures, and notebook inserts from various leaders and years of leadership within the organization.

Dates

  • 1930-2013

Extent

4.00 Cubic Feet

Biographical or Historical Information

The Nacogdoches Branch of AAUW was founded in 1930 soon after the beginning of Stephen F. Austin State University in Nacogdoches. During the early years, the members were either housewives or teachers in the public schools or at the University. Demographics of the Branch have significantly changed; today we find that the 60 members of the Nacogdoches Branch are culturally and professionally very diverse. Most of the members work – many holding administrative positions in and out of academia. For almost 75 years, the Nacogdoches Branch of AAUW has served as a training ground for women. Not only are there strong leaders in the branch but in many other facets of community activities. The Branch has been strongly supported and influenced by the presence of Stephen F. Austin State University which is an institutional member of the Association.Note written by American Association of University Women, Nacogdoches Branch

Accruals and Additions

The original collection includes Boxes 1-6 and Bundle 1. In 2014, Boxes 7-11 were processed and added to the collection.
Title
Guide to the American Association of University Women, Nacogdoches Chapter Records
Author
Linda Nickals, 1976; Allison Grimes, 2014

Repository Details

Part of the East Texas Research Center Repository

Contact: