Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 28
Abstract The East Texas Research Center is the depository for the materials of the African American Heritage Project which was started by Birdie Wade. The ETRC is also in the process of creating an interactive and educational website for the African American Heritage Project.
Scope and Contents This collection contains photocopied documents, newspaper clippings, maps, and genealogy.
Scope and Contents The collection includes correspondence, newspaper and magazine articles, speeches and biographical information.
Scope and Contents This collection has correspondence, newspaper articles, programs, and newsletters, as well as historical manuscripts and book reviews submitted to East Texas Historical Journal editor Dr. Chamberlain.
Arrangement Collection consists of about 300-400 items in 3 boxes.
Scope and Contents The collection consists of manuscripts, three-color illustrations, galley sheets, and book dummies for her books; original cover design and pen and ink drawings; unpublished manuscripts; talks she gave for different organizations; newspaper clippings and articles about Ms. Montgomery's writing career and her work with humane education.
Scope and Contents The scrapbook is predominantly poetry and short stories clipped from the 'The Henderson Times' around the turn of the century (1890s-1900s). The newspaper clippings are glued onto an older 1880-1881 account book.
Scope and Contents Giles M. Haltom's essay on Nacogdoches in 1876 has a lot-by-lot description of buildings and houses and their occupants. It also includes together newspaper clippings on historical subjects which were collected and compiled into a scrapbook by Mrs. George Meisenheimer. Subjects covered include the history of Nacogdoches, the historical old elm tree, the Hart Hotel, Thomas J. Rusk's gravesite, the Old Stone Fort, Richard Fields and the Fredonia Rebellion, and Christ Episcopal Church. Persons...
Scope and Contents The collection consists of one Civil War letter; correspondence, mostly from Dillard B. Hazen during World War I, including post cards; mostly unidentified photographs and tintypes; newspaper clippings; poll tax receipts; and World War I buttons and mementos. Photocopies of obituaries and cemetery records have been added to help identify family members.
Scope and Contents Newspaper clippings, copies of official police reports, and photocopies of photographs relating to the assassination of John F. Kennedy, 35th President of the United States, in Dallas, Texas.
- Subject: Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) X
- Stephen F. Austin State University 2
- Baxter, Mary Lynn 1
- Bean, Peter Ellis 1
- C.E. Sanford and Son General Store (Caledonia, TX) 1
- Chamberlain, C. K. 1
- Charlotte Baker Montgomery 1
- Consolidated School (New London, TX) (1937) 1
- Davis, M. E. M. (Mollie Evelyn Moore) 1
- East Texas Historical Association (1962-) 1
- Ericson, Carolyn Reeves 1
- Flynn, Errol, 1909-1959 1
- Gigliotti, William Felix 1
- Haltom, Emma 1
- Haltom, Giles M. 1
- Hazen, Dillard B., 1895-1973 1
- Hill, Martha Frances 1
- Houston High School (Houston, TX) 1
- Johnson Chapel Baptist Church (Mahl, TX) 1
- Johnson, Erasmus, b. 1820 1
- Kennedy, John F. (Fitzgerald), 1917-1963 1
- McDonald, Judy 1
- Meisenheimer, Ettie Lou Cox 1
- Moses, Morgan 1
- Nacogdoches Grocery Company 1
- Pickett, C. A. (Cornelius Augustus), 1902-1990 1
- Price, Elijah, 1791-1852 1
- Sadler, L. E. Johnson 1
- Sadler, Otis 1
- Sanford, Gary B. 1
- United States Army 1
- Wade, Birdie Belle Davis 1
- William M. Rice Institute 1
- Y'Barbo, Antonio Gil, 1729-1809 1 ∧ less