Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Found in 50 Collections and/or Records:
Abstract The East Texas Research Center is the depository for the materials of the African American Heritage Project which was started by Birdie Wade. The ETRC is also in the process of creating an interactive and educational website for the African American Heritage Project.
Scope and Contents The collection consists of correspondence, business and tax receipts, contracts, and material concerning the Mount Pleasant Presbyterian Church in Nacogdoches County. Original and photocopied documents relating to Mr. and Mrs. John Calhoun Barnett, their sons, John C. Calhoun Barnett and Robert Donnell Barnett, and other relatives, as well as some genealogical material are found in the collection.
Scope and Contents Copy of an unpublished typescript manuscript by Mrs. M. B. Milam which consists of materials relating to Benjamin Rush Milam. Included is a memorial address to the Texas Legislature by James Milam, a biographical sketch by Dr. C. C. Graham, extracts from published works, and genealogical information on the Milam family.
Scope and Contents Correspondence, invoices, tax receipts, field notes, deeds, powers of attorney, and other legal documents, Confederate warrants, notes, and orders for food to be supplied to Confederate soldiers' families, and genealogical material on the Taylor and Ruoff (Ruff, Roff) families of Nacogdoches.
Scope and Contents The collection consists of original manuscript letters, photocopies of official documents, material from published works, explanatory notes and a large number of historic photographs relating to the families. Most of the collection focuses on Samuel H. Page and his descendants.
Scope and Contents The collection contains four original land deeds (1849-1851) and copies of two other land documents. There are also several biographical and genealogical materials, including a typescript of an account by Jesse H. Muckleroy (son of David) tracing the family's move from Tennessee to Texas and the establishment of their farm near Nacogdoches.