Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
The collection consists of correspondence, business and tax receipts, contracts, and material concerning the Mount Pleasant Presbyterian Church in Nacogdoches County. Original and photocopied documents relating to Mr. and Mrs. John Calhoun Barnett, their sons, John C. Calhoun Barnett and Robert Donnell Barnett, and other relatives, as well as some genealogical material are found in the collection.
Consists of six ledgers of meeting minutes, one ledger of church membership and one cash ledger.
Collection includes a daily diary of J. A. Day (1938-1939), account book (1875-1935) of J. A. Day which includes payments and collections of Melrose Circuit (Methodist Church); and photocopy of Minute Book of the Shady Grove United Friends of Temperance (1885-1887).
The collection contains agricultural, mathematical, and personal notes; religious meditations; correspondence; and a few legal and business papers. There are also some papers of one of Power's sons, Holloway Bunyan Power, born in 1834 in Alabama. He also was a farmer, and upon his father's death on November 6, 1866, he succeeded him as a preacher for Bethany Baptist Church. Some of the records of the church are included with this collection.
This collection includes a daybook with minutes of the Johnson Chapel Sunday School (1919-1921), two marriage licenses, and newspaper clippings related to the church, the Erasmus Johnson family and the Otis Sadler family.
The record book is 139 pages long and includes a list of male and female members, the church's articles of faith, covenant, and minutes. The book is handwritten in cursive.
- Account books -- Texas -- Nacogdoches County 1
- Business records -- Texas -- Nacogdoches County 1
- Church records and registers -- Texas, East 1
- Circuit riders -- Texas, East 1
- Clergy -- Texas -- Nacogdoches County 1
- Clergy -- Texas, East 1
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 1
- Correspondence 1
- Families -- Texas -- Nacogdoches County 1
- Farmers -- Texas -- Nacogdoches County 1
- Genealogy 1
- Primitive Baptists -- Texas -- Nacogdoches County 1 ∧ less
- Bethany Baptist Church (Nacogdoches County, TX) 1
- Day, J. A. (James Absolem) 1
- Johnson Chapel Baptist Church (Mahl, TX) 1
- Johnson, Erasmus, b. 1820 1
- Power, Holloway Lee, 1802-1866 1