Showing Collections: 21 - 30 of 89
Scope and Contents A number of files in this collection deal with a lawsuit between Stephen F. Austin State University, originating in the College of Forestry, and Seymour I. Somberg, a former professor. The files are from the Dean of Forestry at the time of the litigation, Laurence C. Walker. There are also some files that deal with Walker and his position in the Forestry School after the lawsuit was filed. This collection has materials that cover some early years of the development of the Forestry School at...
Scope and Contents The bulk of the letters are from the daughters Clydene and Nelva. Clydene writes mostly about her travels. She was a student, teacher, worked in a war office, and liked movies. She writes from several locations including California, Washington D.C., Arizona, and Oklahoma. One of the most noteworthy letters in the collection comes from Clydene, in which she writes about the school explosion in New London, Texas (Box 1 Folder 4). Nelva’s letters consist almost entirely of letters written...
Scope and Contents The collection spans Roark's writing career from 1943 until his death in 1985 and contains galley proofs and original handwritten and typed manuscripts of many of his books, newspaper articles, and other writings, including unpublished material. Also included are Roark's research notes and materials, and promotional material for the movies based on his novels Wake of the Red Witch, and Fair Wind to Java....
Scope and Contents A majority of the collection covers George Foreman's business and boxing life from 1995 to 1998.
Scope and Contents Letters, notebooks, lectures, articles, speeches, biographical studies and other papers relating to feuds, rebellions, churches, schools and colleges in San Augustine and Nacogdoches. Includes folklore, family history and sketches on Texans and prominent U.S. and foreign citizens. Includes maps and charts, newspaper clippings on history and world events of 1900-1930. A significant portion of this collection contains George Crocket's original art work.
Arrangement Arranged in 5 boxes and 1 bundle consisting of 800 total items.
Scope and Contents The papers in this collection consist of original documents and letters and other materials collected and produced by Jimmie Willis Hanks (granddaughter of J. T. Bogard) of Center, Texas and Irene Bogard Winton of Beaumont, Texas, while working on family history. Family lines researched include those of Hanks, Bogard, Burleson, Miller, Hartsfield, Barfield, and Shipp. There is a small amount of material on the Key and Hyde families. Mrs. Hanks incorporated the files of Mrs. Winton into hers and...
Scope and Contents The bulk of this collection consists of two accounting ledgers and invoices for Henson and Harlacher, Draymen; and Fred W. Harlacher, Grading and Heavy Hauling. The collection also includes family photographs and correspondence.
Scope and Contents The documents (ranging from 1830s-1970s) consist of the papers belonging to the three attorneys who practiced at the firm, and were acquired from the clearing out of the former office of Judge Jack Pierce, the last attorney to practice at the firm. The collection includes letters, correspondence, land deeds, timber deeds, oil and gas leases, debt collection, civil court cases, criminal court cases, estate matters, various miscellaneous legal matters, maps, and approximately five photographs...
- Subject: Correspondence X
- Stephen F. Austin State University 11
- Baker, Karle Wilson 1
- Blount, Stephen W. 1
- Bogard, James Thompson, 1848-1930 1
- Boynton, Paul Lewis, 1898-1958 1
- Chireno, Isabel 1
- Civilian Conservation Corps (U.S.) 1
- Convent of the Sacred Heart (Clarksville, TX) 1
- Crocket, George Louis, 1861-1936 1
- Democratic National Convention (Cincinnati, OH) (1856) 1
- Dunn, Marylois 1
- Durst family 1
- Edwards, Peyton Forbes 1
- Ford, Ernest B. (Bevil) 1
- Foreman, George, 1949- 1
- Garland, George 1
- Garrison Coal and Oil Company 1
- Haden Edwards 1
- Hanks, Jimmie Willis 1
- Harris, Loulein 1
- Henderson, James Pinckney, 1808-1858 1
- Houston, Sam, 1793-1863 1
- Johnson, William R. (Rudolph), 1933- 1
- Keachi College 1
- Kirby Lumber Company 1
- Landers, Ellen 1
- Librarians -- Texas -- Nacogdoches 1
- Mayhar, Ardath 1
- McLendon-Ballard, Mattie Lou 1
- Minton, J. W. (John William), 1875-1959 1
- Murrie, Pauline Shirley 1
- Nacogdoches University 1
- Norton, Andre 1
- Order of the Eastern Star. General Grand Chapter 1
- Patton, Cora Mast 1
- Price, Elijah, 1791-1852 1
- Price, Missoura Garrett, 1869-? 1
- Price, Temperance, d. ca. 1859 1
- Price, William Hall 1
- Reed, Laney Garrett 1
- Roark, Garland -- Manuscripts 1
- Santa Fe Industries -- History -- Sources 1
- Shindler, Mary Dana 1
- Shindler, Mary Dana, 1810-1883 1
- Shindler, Robert Doyne 1
- Shindler, Robert Doyne, 1814-1874 1
- Southerland (Destroyer) 1
- Thomas, Larry D. -- Written works 1
- United States Army 1
- Winton, Irene Bogard 1 ∧ less