Showing Collections: 41 - 50 of 89
Scope and Contents These papers, comprising mostly biographical news clippings and correspondence with Texas libraries, were transferred from an ETRC vertical file.
Scope and Contents The collection consists of manuscripts; galley proofs; correspondence from editors, friends, and fans; reviews; newspaper clippings; and other memorabilia.
Scope and Contents The collection contains over one hundred and thirty letters and fragments of McLendon family letters, most sent to Nancy Bridges, her daughter Lydia McLendon, Lydia's husband Loami and their daughter Mattie Lou McLendon. The dates of the letters range from 1849-1902 and are sent from various family members such as John E. McLendon, his brother Bartow and various friends. They paint a detailed picture of weather, crops and economics of the time period, both in East Texas and Alabama, where some...
Scope and Contents The McFarland-Russell family papers consist of personal and business correspondence, legal and business papers, Confederacy related items, materials related to the history of Orange, Texas, and a large amount of material of personal and genealogical interest produced and collected by members of these two East Texas families.
Scope and Contents This collection has genealogical records for the McMurry family. Historians of Robertson County, Texas may find documents in this collection useful.
Scope and Contents Minutes, memos, fliers, and miscellaneous other items relating to both men's faculty clubs.
Scope and Contents This collection consists of a deed, several tax receipts and a pair of sheriff's wanted broadsides. These are miscellaneous loose items collected over the years.
Scope and Contents This collection consists of store accounts, receipts, drug store orders, several notes and leters, a stock certificate, and some matchbooks. Researchers might find the receipts in Folder 1 useful for identifying early 20th-century Nacogdoches businesses. The letter in Folder 9 about a slave named Jim trying to buy the freedom of himself and his family is also of research interest.
Scope and Contents The bulk of this collection are Nacogdoches Co. deeds for miscellaneous citizens. There are also land documents, promissory notes, field notes, broadsides for land or fugitives from the law, power of attorney and other probate documents, and entrance certificates. Researchers might find the entrance certificates, which are all from 1835 and in Spanish; and a pair of small broadsides from 1890-1891 for fugitives wanted for murder, of particular interest.
- Subject: Correspondence X
- Stephen F. Austin State University 11
- Baker, Karle Wilson 1
- Blount, Stephen W. 1
- Bogard, James Thompson, 1848-1930 1
- Boynton, Paul Lewis, 1898-1958 1
- Chireno, Isabel 1
- Civilian Conservation Corps (U.S.) 1
- Convent of the Sacred Heart (Clarksville, TX) 1
- Crocket, George Louis, 1861-1936 1
- Democratic National Convention (Cincinnati, OH) (1856) 1
- Dunn, Marylois 1
- Durst family 1
- Edwards, Peyton Forbes 1
- Ford, Ernest B. (Bevil) 1
- Foreman, George, 1949- 1
- Garland, George 1
- Garrison Coal and Oil Company 1
- Haden Edwards 1
- Hanks, Jimmie Willis 1
- Harris, Loulein 1
- Henderson, James Pinckney, 1808-1858 1
- Houston, Sam, 1793-1863 1
- Johnson, William R. (Rudolph), 1933- 1
- Keachi College 1
- Kirby Lumber Company 1
- Landers, Ellen 1
- Librarians -- Texas -- Nacogdoches 1
- Mayhar, Ardath 1
- McLendon-Ballard, Mattie Lou 1
- Minton, J. W. (John William), 1875-1959 1
- Murrie, Pauline Shirley 1
- Nacogdoches University 1
- Norton, Andre 1
- Order of the Eastern Star. General Grand Chapter 1
- Patton, Cora Mast 1
- Price, Elijah, 1791-1852 1
- Price, Missoura Garrett, 1869-? 1
- Price, Temperance, d. ca. 1859 1
- Price, William Hall 1
- Reed, Laney Garrett 1
- Roark, Garland -- Manuscripts 1
- Santa Fe Industries -- History -- Sources 1
- Shindler, Mary Dana 1
- Shindler, Mary Dana, 1810-1883 1
- Shindler, Robert Doyne 1
- Shindler, Robert Doyne, 1814-1874 1
- Southerland (Destroyer) 1
- Thomas, Larry D. -- Written works 1
- United States Army 1
- Winton, Irene Bogard 1 ∧ less