Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
The bulk of this collection consists of deeds, but there are also promissory notes, photographs, negatives, several land surveys, some estate papers, a land grant, and a plat map. The majority of the documents pertain to Nacogdoches County.
Researchers may find several of the c.1920s photographs and negatives in folder 1 to be of particular interest.
Included in these papers are deeds, survey plats, indentures, field notes, land grants, receipts, promissory notes, a limited amount of personal and business correspondence, and estate papers of Madison G. Whitaker. Also included are some genealogical materials on the Fitts and Whitaker families.
- Property tax -- Texas -- Nacogdoches 2
- African Americans -- Texas -- Nacogdoches County 1
- Deeds 1
- Football 1
- Genealogy 1
- Maps 1
- Nacogdoches (Tex.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Nacogdoches (Tex.) -- Photograph collections 1
- Nacogdoches County (Tex.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Nacogdoches Independent School District (Tex.) 1
- Parents' and teachers' associations 1
- Photographs 1
- Prohibition 1
- School integration 1
- Texas -- History -- Revolution, 1835-1836 1
- Veterans -- Texas -- Nacogdoches 1 ∧ less
- Martin, Sondra 1
- Palmer, Dorthy 1
- Whitaker, Madison G., b.1811 1