Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
Photocopies of selected documents from the Mexican Archives relating to the resettlement of Nacogdoches and East Texas by the citizens of Los Adaes and to the missions Nuestra Senora de Guadalupe de los Nacogdoches and Nuestra Senora de los Dolores de los Ais (San Augustine).
The main item in this collection is a 15-page scrapbook given to Mrs. James Oscar Ray and H. T. Muckleroy by Aldrich Nelson Walker. The scrapbook contains photographs from the 1920s of family members, friends, and old Nacogdoches, including but not limited to: Stone's Mill, Christ Church, local schools, Arnold Street, Main Street Pharmacy, a Tyler Fire Truck, Main Street, Scouting, and Y.M.C.A. Small Gymnasium. Also in this collection are a photograph of James Oscar Ray and an old check.
The Joe E. Ericson Research Collection is a collection of research materials on banks and bankers, published articles, research papers, and notes on Nacogdoches history from 1914-1979.
Chiefly the writings of the physician and Civil War veteran of Nacogdoches on various aspects of the early history of Nacogdoches, most of which were published in his column "Nacogdoches Traditions" in the Daily Sentinel.
Included in these papers are deeds, survey plats, indentures, field notes, land grants, receipts, promissory notes, a limited amount of personal and business correspondence, and estate papers of Madison G. Whitaker. Also included are some genealogical materials on the Fitts and Whitaker families.
Collection includes history of Nacogdoches County Post Offices, newspaper articles, blueprints of the Nacogdoches Office, diagram of lock boxes, map of rural routes for Nacogdoches, and a box and key register.
This collection of 13 receipt books from the Swift Brothers and Smith Inc. drugstore covers the years from 1950 to 1960 (excluding 1954).
This collection includes essays, pamphlets, two speeches, and three scrapbooks containing Tilford's "Out of My Mind" columns written for the Sunday Sentinel,1979-1981.
- Subject: Nacogdoches (Tex.) -- History -- Sources X
- Scrapbooks -- Texas -- Nacogdoches 3
- Texas, East -- History -- Sources 2
- Bankers -- Texas, East 1
- Banks and banking -- Texas, East 1
- Blueprints -- Texas -- Nacogdoches 1
- Business records -- Texas -- Nacogdoches 1
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 1
- Correspondence 1
- Deeds 1
- Deeds -- Texas -- Nacogdoches County 1
- Drugstores -- Texas -- Nacogdoches 1
- Genealogy 1
- Journalists -- Texas -- Nacogdoches 1
- Missions -- Texas, East 1
- Nacogdoches (Tex.) -- Centennial celebrations, etc. 1
- Nacogdoches County (Tex.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Newspapers -- Sections, columns, etc. 1
- Pamphlets 1
- Photographs 1
- Physicians -- Texas -- Nacogdoches 1
- Postal service -- Registers 1
- Postal service -- Texas -- Nacogdoches County -- History -- Sources 1
- Postmasters -- Texas -- Nacogdoches County 1
- Promissory notes 1
- Property tax -- Texas -- Nacogdoches 1
- Scrapbooks 1
- Texas -- History -- Revolution, 1835-1836 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives 1
- Veterans -- Texas -- Nacogdoches 1 ∧ less
- English 9
- Spanish; Castilian 2
- Nacogdoches Historical Society 2
- Archivo General de la Nación (Mexico) 1
- Ericson, Joe E. 1
- Mayfield, Joseph E., 1843-1924 1
- Mission Dolores de los Ais (San Augustine, TX) 1