Showing Collections: 31 - 40 of 61
Scope and Contents The collection contains over one hundred and thirty letters and fragments of McLendon family letters, most sent to Nancy Bridges, her daughter Lydia McLendon, Lydia's husband Loami and their daughter Mattie Lou McLendon. The dates of the letters range from 1849-1902 and are sent from various family members such as John E. McLendon, his brother Bartow and various friends. They paint a detailed picture of weather, crops and economics of the time period, both in East Texas and Alabama, where some...
Scope and Contents This is a small collection of family photos, newspaper clippings and announcements.
Scope and Contents Scrapbooks of cabinet cards, tintypes and other photos believed to have belonged to Mrs. Jennie Muckleroy.
Scope and Contents Original handwritten minutes of board and committee meetings, typed transcript of meeting minutes, program for dedication of addition, correspondence, newspaper articles and photos.
Scope and Contents The bulk of this collection consists of family letters and photographs for Neill family of Shelby County, Texas. The collection includes scholastic records (class notes, assigments, a diploma), genealogical materials (bible pages, newspaper clippings, obituaries), and financial records (account books, receipts, checks), as well as more than a dozen short stories written by Lela (Rhodes)Neill. Pedigree chart of frequently mentioned family members  Elias Mitchel...
Scope and Contents The collection contains five items about Nettie Marshall.
Scope and Contents Orignal and copies of photographs from the Sanctified Quarters in Nacogdoches, Texas. The Sanctified Quarter was an African American neighborhood located on the southeast side of Nacogdoches. By 1980, when University Drive was extended to Loop 224, a majority of the neighborhood was gone. The area was bordered by Shawnee St., Haywood St. and Deveraux St.
Content Description This collection consists of thirty-two 8x10 photographs. The images are thought to be from circa 1960 because of the vintage of the vehicles in several of the photographs. These images may be useful to researchers interested in the engineering, technology and history of oil production.
Scope and Contents This is a small collection consists of the unpublished manuscript, 'Let Me Grow Lovely: A Biography of Karle Wilson Baker, Texas Writer', with photographs of Karle Wilson Baker and her home.
Content Description The bulk of the collection is about Tom Parker and his daughter Nancy Parker. There are two interesting items from World War I in the collection: Tom Parker's identification tags and a pair of scissors he carried through the war in his first aid kit.
- Subject: Photographs X
- Stephen F. Austin State University 2
- United States Army 2
- Angelina & Neches River Authority (Tex.) 1
- Asbury, Samuel E. (Erson), 1872-1962 1
- Baker, Karle Wilson 1
- Brislawn, Robert 1
- Civilian Conservation Corps (U.S.) 1
- Dachau (Concentration camp) 1
- Evans, Elliot A. P. (Arthur Powell) 1
- Foreman, George, 1949- 1
- Forman, John A. 1
- Glass, Willie Lee Campbell 1
- Hazen, Dillard B., 1895-1973 1
- International Paper Company 1
- Lay, Daniel W. 1
- McGrath, Sylvia Wallace 1
- McLendon-Ballard, Mattie Lou 1
- Millard's Crossing Inc. 1
- Morgan, Evelyn Ellis 1
- Moses, Morgan 1
- Motley, Anna Schott 1
- Muckleroy, Jennie 1
- Murdy, William D. 1
- Murrie, Pauline Shirley 1
- Order of the Eastern Star. General Grand Chapter 1
- Overall, Paul Harrell 1
- Page, Samuel H. 1
- Palmer, Dorthy 1
- Palmer, Pamela Lynn, 1951- 1
- Price, Elijah, 1791-1852 1
- Randolph, Marion Ellis 1
- Simmons, Amos Ben 1
- Southerland (Destroyer) 1
- Texas. Game, Fish, and Oyster Commission -- Officials and employees 1
- Texas. National Guard 1
- Texas. Parks and Wildlife Department 1
- Thompson Brothers Lumber Company -- Records and correspondence 1
- United Fruit Company. Steamship Service 1
- United States. Army Security Agency 1
- United States. Forest Service 1
- Walker, Aldrich Nelson 1 ∧ less