Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Scope and Contents This collection consists of original deeds and other documents relating to the von der Hoya family in Nacogdoches. One item of interest is a conveyance of property in Nacogdoches from Thomas J. Rusk to Bennett Blake which includes the Red House. The Red House was the Old Spanish Barracks until 1832, and in 1845 it became Nacogdoches University.
Scope and Contents The collection consists of original records including memos, correspondence, reports, specifications for a building, materials regarding applications for President of the University, tax receipts, papers relating to Keachi College business, and the Treasurer's Register.
Scope and Contents The collection includes land deeds as well as an original land grant to Nacogdoches University, signed by Governor Elisha M. Pease. Other papers in the collection are the passport of Heinrich Rusche from Oldenburg, naturalization papers of Francis Rusche, correspondence, and financial papers. Other Nacogdoches citizens mentioned in the papers are Bernard Witkorn, Frederick Voigt, Jacob Harlacher, Rinaldo Hotchkiss, and James H. Starr. Land papers of the Cherino and Santos Coy families are also...
- Names: Nacogdoches University X