Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
The collection consists of correspondence, business and tax receipts, contracts, and material concerning the Mount Pleasant Presbyterian Church in Nacogdoches County. Original and photocopied documents relating to Mr. and Mrs. John Calhoun Barnett, their sons, John C. Calhoun Barnett and Robert Donnell Barnett, and other relatives, as well as some genealogical material are found in the collection.
Consists of six ledgers of meeting minutes, one ledger of church membership and one cash ledger.
Arranged at the folder-level in 11 boxes. There are also several oversize items.
Collection includes a daily diary of J. A. Day (1938-1939), account book (1875-1935) of J. A. Day which includes payments and collections of Melrose Circuit (Methodist Church); and photocopy of Minute Book of the Shady Grove United Friends of Temperance (1885-1887).
The collection has Sunday School attendance records for Fair View (1922) and Oak Ridge (1934-1935) Methodist Episcopal Church in Nacogdoches, Texas.
The church register list members from 1871 to 1966. Also included are lists of the church's pastors, 1889-1966, infant baptisms from 1889, marriages performed from 1871, a Trustees report for church property in 1936, and a Board of Trustees report on church property for October 21, 1963.
The collection contains agricultural, mathematical, and personal notes; religious meditations; correspondence; and a few legal and business papers. There are also some papers of one of Power's sons, Holloway Bunyan Power, born in 1834 in Alabama. He also was a farmer, and upon his father's death on November 6, 1866, he succeeded him as a preacher for Bethany Baptist Church. Some of the records of the church are included with this collection.
This collection includes a daybook with minutes of the Johnson Chapel Sunday School (1919-1921), two marriage licenses, and newspaper clippings related to the church, the Erasmus Johnson family and the Otis Sadler family.
The record book is 139 pages long and includes a list of male and female members, the church's articles of faith, covenant, and minutes. The book is handwritten in cursive.
- Subject: Church records and registers -- Texas -- Nacogdoches X
- Church records and registers -- Texas -- Nacogdoches County 6
- Church records and registers -- Texas -- Nacogdoches 3
- Account books -- Texas -- Nacogdoches County 1
- Business records -- Texas -- Nacogdoches County 1
- Church records and registers -- Texas, East 1
- Church societies -- Texas -- Nacogdoches 1
- Circuit riders -- Texas, East 1
- Clergy -- Texas -- Nacogdoches County 1
- Clergy -- Texas, East 1
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 1
- Correspondence 1
- Families -- Texas -- Nacogdoches County 1
- Farmers -- Texas -- Nacogdoches County 1
- Genealogy 1
- Primitive Baptists -- Texas -- Nacogdoches County 1
- Sermons 1
- Sunday schools -- Texas -- Nacogdoches 1 ∧ less
- Bethany Baptist Church (Nacogdoches County, TX) 1
- Christ Episcopal Church (Nacogdoches, TX) 1
- Crocket, George Louis, 1861-1936 1
- Day, J. A. (James Absolem) 1
- Fairview Methodist Church 1