Showing Collections: 1 - 12 of 12
Letters to and from family members and friends with the majoritiy of the letters being from Albert to Lera.
This collection consists of correspondence and research material for Kemper's graduate thesis on Lindley Beckworth, lawyer, Texas legislator, and U.S. representative, of Gilmer, Texas. There are also 28 oral history interviews (OH-1767 to OH-1794) on cassette tape that have been integrated into the separate Oral History Collection.
The collection contains four original land deeds (1849-1851) and copies of two other land documents. There are also several biographical and genealogical materials, including a typescript of an account by Jesse H. Muckleroy (son of David) tracing the family's move from Tennessee to Texas and the establishment of their farm near Nacogdoches.
Material in this collection mainly consists of correspondence during his time as a state Congressman and Senator. There is also some personal correspondence during and after his time in political office.
Stamped "General Index - Peyton F. Edwards" the ledger serves as an index to Dockets D and E of an unidentified record of judgments. The names included in the index are those of Nacogdoches residents of the period.
Robert Wilson was a businessman, soldier in the Republic of Texas Army and congressman of Harrisburg, Texas. Photostats of Wilson's letters to his son, James Theodore Dudley Wilson, and some miscellaneous other documents.
Legal documents of Jesse Watkins, Justice of the Peace of Nacogdoches (1837-1838); diary and autobiography of Richard Overton Watkins, Presbyterian minister and Texas Ranger of Nacogdoches; reminiscences of Jesse J. Watkins about the Runaway Scrape, the Cherokee Indian War and other early Texas events; and genealogical material of the Watkins family.
This collection consists predominantly of research (articles, emails, memos, notes, pamphlets, reports) about legislative issues. The collection includes drafts and final copies of many bills that Representative Christian authored. The casework and correspondence demonstrate the wide range of issues that a state legislator handles for their constituents.
- Subject: Legislators -- Texas X
- Genealogy 3
- Lawyers -- Texas, East 3
- Circuit riders -- Texas, East 1
- Clergy -- Texas, East 1
- Correspondence 1
- Court calendars -- Texas -- Nacogdoches 1
- Courtship -- Texas 1
- Family records 1
- Farms -- Texas -- Nacogdoches County 1
- Freemasons -- Texas 1
- Land titles -- Texas -- Nacogdoches County 1
- Law offices -- Records and correspondence 1
- Legal documents -- Texas, East 1
- Legislators -- United States 1
- Merchants -- Texas 1
- Sawmills -- Texas 1
- Soldiers -- Texas 1
- Teachers -- Texas 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Veterans 1
- Veterans -- Texas -- Nacogdoches 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Veterans 1 ∧ less
- Beckworth, Lindley 1
- Bogard, James Thompson, 1848-1930 1
- Douglass, Kelsey H. (Harris) 1
- Edwards, Peyton Forbes 1
- Hanks, Jimmie Willis 1
- Kemper, Billie Bundick, 1920- 1
- Lock, Ottis 1
- Muckleroy, David 1
- Muckleroy, Jesse H. 1
- Southland Paper Mills (Lufkin, Tex.) -- Officials and employees 1
- Texas Rangers 1
- Thomas, Albert, 1898-1966 -- Correspondence 1
- Watkins, Jesse J., b. 1828 1
- Watkins, Jesse, c.1776-1839 1
- Watkins, Richard Overton, b.1816 1
- Whitesides, Washington M. 1
- Wilson, James Theodore Dudley, 1820-1902 1
- Wilson, Robert 1
- Winton, Irene Bogard 1
- Word, Thomas Jefferson 1 ∧ less