Showing Collections: 1 - 12 of 12
This is an unprocessed collection. Portions of it have been re-housed, but not thoroughly enoughed described to be considered processed. There are 1190 boxes and 619 books & ledgers.
Reminiscences of Oil Springs, Texas, of the lumbering industry and the history of the Shay locomotive in East Texas by the Nacogdoches lumberman and locomotive engineer.
The records in this collection include deeds, blueprints, insurance contracts, liens, and other papers relating to the different mills operated by the company.
This collection covers a portion of the business records of the Frost-Johnson Lumber Company.
This collection is made up of correspondence and the business records of the Lutcher-Moore Lumber Company.
This collection contains the company's official records along with those of its subsidiaries and a number of ledgers.
This collection consists of records relating to the business activities of the J. M. Thompson, Thompson-Tucker, Thompson Brothers, Rock Creek, Texas Long Leaf and Houston County lumber companies, and other small lumber companies in which the Thompsons had an interest. There are also records relating to the Thompson Brothers Mineral Company.
The collection consists of typed manuscripts of Monterey and The Face; several magazines containing short stories; reviews and literary criticism; a photograph of Tilford; biographical information; and historical data on the Tilford-Hunt Lumber Company
The collection consists of company ledgers including lumber invoices, payroll and operating expenses and orders.
The collection consists of research notes, unpublished manuscripts and a large collection of the newspaper articles Block wrote for the 'Beaumont Enterprise between 1998 and 2004. The collection also has the manuscript pages by chapter for 'Mill Towns and Ghost Towns of East Texas', which contains information about mill towns, sawmills, tram roads, and logging camps relating to East Texas lumbering towns.
- Subject: Lumbering -- Texas, East X
- Lumber trade -- Texas, East 5
- Business records -- Texas, East 4
- Sawmills -- Texas, East 4
- Business records -- Texas -- Angelina County 1
- Ghost towns -- Texas, East 1
- Labor costs -- Texas, East 1
- Locomotives -- Texas, East 1
- Logging -- Texas, East 1
- Lumber trade 1
- Lumber trade -- Texas -- Angelina County 1
- Oil Springs (Tex.) 1
- Paper mills -- Texas -- Lufkin 1
- Photographs 1
- Plays--Production and direction 1
- Port cities -- Texas, East 1
- Postmasters -- Texas 1
- Railroads -- Texas, East 1
- Railroads -- Texas, East -- History 1
- Sawmills -- Texas 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Veterans 1 ∧ less
- Angelina County Lumber Company 2
- Frost-Johnson Lumber Company 2
- Block, W. T. 1
- Daniel Lumber Company 1
- Daniel, Awtrey Fleming, 1894-1955 1
- Daniel, William Fleming, 1867-1951 1
- Edwards Brothers Lumber Company 1
- Edwards, H. C. (Hugh Clete), d. 1953 1
- Edwards, R. L. (Robert Lee), d. 1951 1
- Foster Lumber Company 1
- Frost Lumber Industries 1
- Frost-Trigg Lumber Company 1
- Lutcher and Moore Lumber Company 1
- San Augustine County Lumber Company (1916-1923) -- Records and correspondence 1
- Southern Pine Lumber Company -- Records and correspondence 1
- Southland Paper Mills (Lufkin, Tex.) -- Records and correspondence 1
- Temple Industries -- Records and correspondence 1
- Temple, Arthur, 1894-1951 1
- Temple, Thomas Lewis Latane, 1859-1935 1
- Thompson Brothers Lumber Company -- Records and correspondence 1
- Tilford, Tilden, 1876-1926 -- Written works 1
- Tilford-Hunt Lumber Company -- History -- Sources 1
- Trinity River Lumber Company -- Records and correspondence 1
- Woodward, Clyde J. 1 ∧ less