Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
The East Texas Research Center is the depository for the materials of the African American Heritage Project which was started by Birdie Wade. The ETRC is also in the process of creating an interactive and educational website for the African American Heritage Project.
The collection mostly consists of photographs taken during the 1930's and 1940's.
Photographs of mostly Nacogdoches schools and people.
The bulk of this collection consists of deeds, but there are also promissory notes, photographs, negatives, several land surveys, some estate papers, a land grant, and a plat map. The majority of the documents pertain to Nacogdoches County.
Researchers may find several of the c.1920s photographs and negatives in folder 1 to be of particular interest.
The collection contains 1954 letters from Charles Hardy to his wife Joyce, 1960's letters from Agnes Campbell (Joyce's step-mother) to Joyce, photographs of Charles Hardy's family, and biographical materials on Charles and Joyce Campbell Hardy.
This collection contains documents ranging from German and U.S. newspaper clippings and newspapers to photographs of historic Nacogdoches landmarks such as the Stone Fort.
Photos of 19th and 20th century Nacogdoches and Nacogdoches County. Taken from books, newspapers, originals and post cards. Fire Department minute books 1907-1973.
- Subject: Nacogdoches (Tex.) -- Photograph collections X
- Photographs 6
- Aerial photography -- Texas -- Nacogdoches 2
- African Americans -- Texas -- Nacogdoches County 2
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 2
- Genealogy 2
- Nacogdoches County (Tex.) -- History -- Sources 2
- Photography -- Negatives 2
- Angelina County (Tex.) -- Photograph collections 1
- Biographical sources 1
- Correspondence 1
- Deeds -- Texas -- Nacogdoches County 1
- Fire chiefs -- Texas -- Nacogdoches 1
- Fire departments -- Texas -- Nacogdoches 1
- Football 1
- Historic buildings 1
- Letters 1
- Lynching 1
- Nacogdoches (Tex.) -- Trials, litigation, etc. 1
- Oil Springs (Tex.) 1
- Oral history 1
- Prisoners of war -- Texas -- Nacogdoches 1
- Prohibition 1
- Promissory notes 1
- Teachers -- Texas -- Nacogdoches 1
- Women -- Texas -- Nacogdoches County 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons 1 ∧ less
- International Paper Company 1
- Palmer, Dorthy 1
- Penman, Annette 1
- United States Army 1
- Wade, Birdie Belle Davis 1