Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
The bulk of this collection consists of deeds, but there are also promissory notes, photographs, negatives, several land surveys, some estate papers, a land grant, and a plat map. The majority of the documents pertain to Nacogdoches County.
Researchers may find several of the c.1920s photographs and negatives in folder 1 to be of particular interest.
Included in these papers are deeds, survey plats, indentures, field notes, land grants, receipts, promissory notes, a limited amount of personal and business correspondence, and estate papers of Madison G. Whitaker. Also included are some genealogical materials on the Fitts and Whitaker families.
This collection consists of store accounts, receipts, drug store orders, several notes and leters, a stock certificate, and some matchbooks. Researchers might find the receipts in Folder 1 useful for identifying early 20th-century Nacogdoches businesses. The letter in Folder 9 about a slave named Jim trying to buy the freedom of himself and his family is also of research interest.
- Subject: Promissory notes X
- Deeds -- Texas -- Nacogdoches County 3
- Property tax -- Texas -- Nacogdoches 2
- Abbot, J. Stephen, 1804-1871 1
- African Americans -- Texas -- Nacogdoches County 1
- Deeds 1
- Football 1
- Fugitive slaves 1
- Genealogy 1
- Maps 1
- Medicine -- Formulae, receipts, prescriptions 1
- Nacogdoches (Tex.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Nacogdoches (Tex.) -- Photograph collections 1
- Nacogdoches County (Tex.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Nacogdoches County (Tex.) -- Records and correspondence 1
- Nacogdoches Independent School District (Tex.) 1
- Parents' and teachers' associations 1
- Photographs 1
- Prohibition 1
- School integration 1
- Slaves 1
- Texas -- History -- Revolution, 1835-1836 1
- Veterans -- Texas -- Nacogdoches 1 ∧ less
- Martin, Sondra 1
- Palmer, Dorthy 1
- Whitaker, Madison G., b.1811 1