Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
This collection has photocopies of Edwin N. Swinburn's autobiography, his Confederate enlistment and discharge papers, newspaper articles about his wife's death, and reminiscences of his 86th, 88th, 90th birthday.
The Herrera Family Papers include a original land grant signed by Gov. Hubbard. There are also 15 original deeds of sale, mostly concerning portions of the original grant, dated 1886 to 1965. The collection also includes family photographs, account books and a copy of the will of Marvin Falcon and Beulah Herrera Falcon.
Stamped "General Index - Peyton F. Edwards" the ledger serves as an index to Dockets D and E of an unidentified record of judgments. The names included in the index are those of Nacogdoches residents of the period.
- Subject: United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Veterans X
- Families -- Texas, East 2
- Business records -- Texas, East 1
- Court calendars -- Texas -- Nacogdoches 1
- Land grants -- Texas -- Nacogdoches County 1
- Law offices -- Records and correspondence 1
- Lawyers -- Texas, East 1
- Legislators -- Texas 1
- Nacogdoches County (Tex.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Slaveholders -- Texas -- Nacogdoches 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives 1 ∧ less
- Barret, Lyne Taliaferro 1
- Edwards, Peyton Forbes 1
- Hardeman & Barret General Merchandise Store (Melrose, TX) 1