Shelby County Records
- 1837 - 1982
- Event: 4/18/2002 Records Transferred to the ETRC
Language of Materials
The collection is in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for research.
Biographical / Historical
Shelby County is situated on the Sabine River bounded by Panola County on the north, Rusk and Nacogdoches counties on the west, and San Augustine and Sabine counties on the south. The first permanent settlers in Shelby County came in 1818. The area became the Mexican Municipality of Tenehaw in 1824 and then a county in the Republic of Texas (1837).
88 Volumes (County Court Books (9 volumes) Tax Assessor/Collector Books (74 volumes) Commissioner's Court Books (5 volumes))
7 Reels (County Court Microfilm (3 reels) Tax Assessor/Collector Microfilm (4 reels))
- Guide to Shelby County Records
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the East Texas Research Center Repository