Fairview Methodist Church Register, Nacogdoches, Texas
Scope and Contents
The church register list members from 1871 to 1966. Also included are lists of the church's pastors, 1889-1966, infant baptisms from 1889, marriages performed from 1871, a Trustees report for church property in 1936, and a Board of Trustees report on church property for October 21, 1963.
Language of Materials
The collection is in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for research.
Biographical or Historical Information
Fairview Methodist Church had its beginnings around 1860 when a small band of people met to establish a place of worship in the community. Pine Grove school, a small log building, was apparently used as the church's first home. Other buildings served as church meeting places until, in 1950, the present sanctuary was completed. Additional structures have since been built to serve other church functions.
0.20 Cubic Feet
This collection consists of a single ledger book housed with another collection in one clamshell box.
- Guide to the Fairview Methodist Church Register, Nacogdoches, Texas
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script