Deep East Texas Region of the Antique Automobile Club of America
- Event: Donated 5/9/2016
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
1.00 Cubic Feet
Biographical / Historical
1. Preserve and restore Antique Automobiles.
2. To serve as an accurate source of historical and technical information relating to antique automobiles for the benefit of its membership as well as the general public.
3. To supplement the objectives/activities of the AACA.
4. To plan events of educational benefit, tours, swap meets, automobile shows, charity benefits, etc. for its members and for the benefit of the general public.
The monthly newsletter, “The Dashboard,” shows that DETR was a very active organization. The club had monthly meetings and socials, as well as a host of annual car shows and parades in which it regularly participated. These included the April Show and Shine, Azalea Festival Antique Car Display, DETR Antique Car Show at the Nacogdoches Air Show, Henderson Heritage Syrup Festival Parade, Nacogdoches Rodeo Parade, Nine Flags Christmas Festival Parade, Palestine Hot Pepper Festival Parade, San Augustine Sassafras Festival Parade, SFA Parent’s Orientation, and Veteran’s Day Parade. The biggest event for the club each year was the Texas Blueberry Festival in Nacogdoches, where it participated in the parade and hosted the Deja Blue Classic Car Show.
Although most members lived in Nacogdoches, the geographic reach of the DETR was from I-20 in the north to Livingston in the south, and from the Louisiana border west to Palestine and Crockett.
Presidents: Wendall N. Spreadbury (1998-2001), Jim Thrall (2002-2004), Ken Thompson (2005-2006), Jon Stevens (2007-2012), Corbitt Baker (2013), and Jon Stevens (2014)
The AACA incorporated the DETR in 1998. The chapter disbanded in 2014.
Garrison...in the NEWS 1. February 5, 1998 (vol.8, no.6) 2. February 26, 1998 (vol.8, no.9)
Nacogdoches Chamber of Commerce 3. The Chamber (February 1998) [missing pages 3-7]. 4. The Chamber (July 2000).
- Guide to the Deep East Texas Region of the Antique Automobile Club of America