Skip to main content

Shady Grove Community

 Collection
Identifier: A-0338
The collection contains two photographs of the Shady Grove school, one Woodman of the World Camp record book from 1930, and one directory of names and phone numbers from the 1950s.

Dates

  • 1900s-1950s

Language of Materials

The collection is in English.

Conditions Governing Access

Open for research.

Extent

0.10 Cubic Feet

Biographical / Historical

Shady Grove, TX (Nacogdoches County).Shady Grove, on Farm Road 2112 eight miles east of Nacogdoches in eastern Nacogdoches County, was settled before 1900. A school was in operation there by 1904, when it had an enrollment of fifty-nine. During the mid-1930s Shady Grove had the school, two churches, a store, and a number of houses. The school later closed, and after World War II most of the residents moved away. In the early 1990s two churches and a cemetery still remained in the area. Source: Handbook of Texas Online.

Arrangement

The collection consists of three folders housed with other collections in a banker's box. It is organized at the folder-level.
Title
Guide to the Shady Grove Community
Status
completed
Author
Linda Reynolds
Date
9/28/2020

Repository Details

Part of the East Texas Research Center Repository

Contact: