Skip to main content

Pines Garden Club

 Collection
Identifier: B-0164

Dates

  • Event: Donated 10/3/2008
  • 1951-2016

Language of Materials

The material is in English.

Conditions Governing Access

Open for research.

Biographical / Historical

The Pines Garden Club was founded in 1951 in Nacogdoches, Texas. They were founded for the purpose of creating interest in gardening. The club’s goal is to “aid the development of civic beatification and to encourage others to appreciate nature’s beauty.” [1] Members meet monthly for social and educational programs and participate in philanthropic events related to gardening, flowers, horticulture, and nature. The club carries out programs suggested by local, district, state, and national recommendations. They contributed to the creation of the Mize Azalea Gardens at Stephen F. Austin State University, as well as other projects for organizations, schools, and businesses around Nacogdoches and East Texas. The club has been a member of the Nacogdoches Council of Garden Clubs, Inc., Texas Garden Clubs, Inc., East Texas Council of Garden Clubs District III, Nacogdoches Council of Garden Clubs, Nacogdoches Federation of Women’s Clubs, and the Nacogdoches County Chamber of Commerce. The club still operates in Nacogdoches as of 2021. Sources: • [1] https://www.facebook.com/Pines-Garden-Club-100317561819870/about/ • Collection Materials

Extent

4.5 Cubic Feet (1 banker box, 4 oversize boxes, and 1 bundle)

Arrangement

The collection consists of 1 banker box, 4 oversize boxes, 1 bundle, and 25 folders.

Title
Guide to the Pines Garden Club Collection
Status
Completed
Author
Kollynn Hendry
Date
4/4/2022
Language of description
Undetermined
Script of description
Code for undetermined script

Repository Details

Part of the East Texas Research Center Repository

Contact: