Women's Auxiliary to Nacogdoches County Medical Society Collection
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of the constitution and by-laws of the State Auxiliary, two publications tracing the history of the State and National Auxiliary and Yearbooks documenting the yearly meeting of the Nacogdoches chapter. Included in the yearbooks are a list of chapter presidents, officers, and committees, active members, meeting agenda, a presentation program and by-laws.
Language of Materials
The collection is in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for research.
Biographical or Historical Information
The Woman's Auxiliary to the Nacogdoches County Medical Society was formed on April 18, 1927 as a group belonging to the Woman's Auxiliary to the American Medical Society. The object of the auxiliary, as described in the 1930 year book, is to extend the aims of the medical profession through the wives of the doctors to the various woman's organizations, which look to the advancement to health and education; to assist in entertainment at state, district and county society meetings; to promote acquaintanceship among doctor's families, that local unity and harmony may be increased. Membership was open to the wives, mothers and daughters of all members of the Nacogdoches County Medical Association in good and regular standing.
0.50 Cubic Feet
This collection is described in 19 folders and housed in one clamshell box.
- Guide to the Women’s Auxiliary to the Nacogdoches County Medical Society Collection
- Angela Hermenitt
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script