Showing Collections: 1 - 12 of 12
This collection has photocopies of Edwin N. Swinburn's autobiography, his Confederate enlistment and discharge papers, newspaper articles about his wife's death, and reminiscences of his 86th, 88th, 90th birthday.
These papers include Civil War letters from Henry Curl to his wife, Julia, and one to her brother, Lawrence S. Taylor. The letter to Lawrence is quite long and gives an extremely detailed and interesting account of Henry's experiences in the war.
Civil War letters from Watson, Rusk County soldier, to his parents and sister while serving in the Texas Cavalry. Also include service records, receipt for a gun, and a pension application. This is a collection of photocopied material.
Typescript of the diary (actually reminiscences) of the Nacogdoches native's experiences in the Civil War and later as a sheep rancher in Laredo, Texas (1841-1908). Genealogical data on the Kirkpatrick family is also included.
McCulloch's memory of experiences in 1864 as a Union Army chaplain taken prisoner at Pleasant Hill, Louisiana, and marched to Camp Ford near Tyler, Texas. Describes battles, wounded men, barracks, amusements, sanitary conditions, punishments, torture, and trading among prisoners and guards.
Chiefly the writings of the physician and Civil War veteran of Nacogdoches on various aspects of the early history of Nacogdoches, most of which were published in his column "Nacogdoches Traditions" in the Daily Sentinel.
Original handwritten and typescript account of the experiences of Col. B. F. Benton's Company of Hood's Brigade during the Civil War, 1861-1865. Written from memory circa 1914-1915. Includes biographical material on the Hanks family.
- Subject: United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives X
- Genealogy 3
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Sources 2
- Correspondence 1
- Manuscripts 1
- Mililtary chaplains 1
- Nacogdoches (Tex.) -- History 1
- Nacogdoches (Tex.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Newspapers -- Sections, columns, etc. 1
- Photographs 1
- Physicians -- Texas -- Nacogdoches 1
- Ranching -- Texas -- Laredo 1
- Smith County (Tex.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Soldiers -- Texas -- Nacogdoches County 1
- Soldiers -- Texas -- Panola County 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Veterans 1 ∧ less
- Birdwell, John Calhoun 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. Texas Brigade 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. Texas Cavalry Regiment, 10th. Company F 1
- Curl, Henry T. 1
- Garrison, Henry Parks 1