Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 30
The East Texas Research Center is the depository for the materials of the African American Heritage Project which was started by Birdie Wade. The ETRC is also in the process of creating an interactive and educational website for the African American Heritage Project.
This collection contains land records, maps, newspaper articles, and genealogical records pertaining to Antonio Gil Y'Barbo. Most of the materials are photocopies and photostats.
The collection includes correspondence, newspaper and magazine articles, speeches and biographical information.
This collection has correspondence, newspaper articles, programs, and newsletters, as well as historical manuscripts and book reviews submitted to East Texas Historical Journal editor Dr. Chamberlain.
The collection contains research materials used for six of Ericson's books; Nacogdoches Fires and Firemen (1976), The People of Nacogdoches County in the Civil War (1980), Panola County, Texas in the Civil War (2001), Sabine County, Texas in the Civil War (2001), and San Augustine County, Texas in the Civil War (2002).
The collection consists of manuscripts, three-color illustrations, galley sheets, and book dummies for her books; original cover design and pen and ink drawings; unpublished manuscripts; talks she gave for different organizations; newspaper clippings and articles about Ms. Montgomery's writing career and her work with humane education.
This collection consists of the papers of Daniel W. Lay, author and wildlife biologist in East Texas. Works provide an alternate viewpoint from the heavily industry-oriented area. It includes correspondence, newspaper clippings, publications, reports, research notes, negatives, and photographs.
The scrapbook is predominantly poetry and short stories clipped from the 'The Henderson Times' around the turn of the century (1890s-1900s). The newspaper clippings are glued onto an older 1880-1881 account book.
The collection consists of one Civil War letter; correspondence, mostly from Dillard B. Hazen during World War I, including post cards; mostly unidentified photographs and tintypes; newspaper clippings; poll tax receipts; and World War I buttons and mementos. Photocopies of obituaries and cemetery records have been added to help identify family members.
Material in this collection consists of scrapbooks with photos and newspaper clippings, personal letters and documents, certificates of awards, appreciation, and membership, campaign materials, and political letters and documents from Johnson’s time as a Texas State Representative (1989-1997). There are also several books about the Texas State Government, as well as documents about Stephen F. Austin State University and various events relating to SFASU.
Newspaper clippings, copies of official police reports, and photocopies of photographs relating to the assassination of John F. Kennedy, 35th President of the United States, in Dallas, Texas.
This collection includes a daybook with minutes of the Johnson Chapel Sunday School (1919-1921), two marriage licenses, and newspaper clippings related to the church, the Erasmus Johnson family and the Otis Sadler family.
These papers include academic work from Judy’s college years in the early 1950s and photographs from the early 1960-2005. The collection contains most of Judy’s “scrapbook”, collected over her years as mayor of Nacogdoches, which consist mainly of newspaper articles taken from the Nacogdoches Daily Sentinel.
Newspaper clippings about Mary Lynn Baxter and galleys of two of her novels, Another Kind of Love and Shared Moments, both published by Silhouette Books.
This is a small collection of family photos, newspaper clippings and announcements.
Collection includes history of Nacogdoches County Post Offices, newspaper articles, blueprints of the Nacogdoches Office, diagram of lock boxes, map of rural routes for Nacogdoches, and a box and key register.
- Subject: Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) X
- Photographs 6
- Scrapbooks 5
- Genealogy 3
- Business records -- Texas, East 2
- Nacogdoches (Tex.) -- Photograph collections 2
- Scrapbooks -- Texas -- Henderson 2
- Scrapbooks -- Texas -- Nacogdoches 2
- Advertising agencies -- Texas -- Houston 1
- African Americans -- Texas -- Nacogdoches County 1
- Authors -- Texas, East 1
- Big Thicket (Tex.) 1
- Biographical sources 1
- Biologists -- Texas, East 1
- Blueprints -- Texas -- Nacogdoches 1
- Church records and registers 1
- Church records and registers -- Texas -- Nacogdoches County 1
- Civic improvement -- Texas -- Nacogdoches 1
- Correspondence 1
- Davy Crockett National Forest (Tex.) 1
- Diaries 1
- Dummies (Bookselling) 1
- Educators -- Texas 1
- Explosions -- Texas -- New London 1
- Families -- Texas -- Nacogdoches County 1
- Families -- Texas, East 1
- Family records 1
- Fire ants 1
- General stores -- Texas, East 1
- Grocery trade -- Texas, East 1
- Henderson (Tex.) -- History 1
- Mayors -- Texas -- Nacogdoches 1
- Mothers -- Texas -- Nacogdoches -- Societies and clubs 1
- Nacogdoches (Tex.) -- Description and travel 1
- Nacogdoches (Tex.) -- History 1
- Nacogdoches (Tex.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Nacogdoches County (Tex.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Nacogdoches County (Tex.) -- Miscellanea 1
- New Orleans (La.) -- Description and travel 1
- Newspapers -- Sections, columns, etc. -- Women 1
- Novelists, American -- Texas, East 1
- Photography -- Negatives 1
- Police reports -- Texas -- Dallas 1
- Politics and government 1
- Postal service -- Registers 1
- Postal service -- Texas -- Nacogdoches County -- History -- Sources 1
- Postmasters -- Texas -- Nacogdoches County 1
- Presidents -- Assassination 1
- Prisoners of war -- Texas -- Nacogdoches 1
- Proofs (Printing) 1
- Railroad trains 1
- Railroads 1
- Red-cockaded woodpecker 1
- Rusk County (Tex.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Sabine National Forest (Tex.) 1
- Sam Houston National Forest (Tex.) 1
- Scrapbooks -- Louisiana -- New Orleans 1
- Texas -- History -- To 1846 -- Sources 1
- Texas, East -- History -- Sources 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Sources 1
- Wildlife research -- Texas, East 1
- Women -- Societies and clubs 1
- Women -- Texas -- Nacogdoches County 1
- Women authors 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- History -- Sources 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Veterans 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans 1
- Yearbooks 1 ∧ less
- Angelina & Neches River Authority (Tex.) 1
- Baxter, Mary Lynn 1
- Bean, Peter Ellis 1
- C.E. Sanford and Son General Store (Caledonia, TX) 1
- Chamberlain, C. K. 1
- Charlotte Baker Montgomery 1
- Consolidated School (New London, TX) (1937) 1
- Davis, M. E. M. (Mollie Evelyn Moore) 1
- East Texas Historical Association (1962-) 1
- Ericson, Carolyn Reeves 1
- Flynn, Errol, 1909-1959 1
- Gigliotti, William Felix 1
- Haltom, Emma 1
- Haltom, Giles M. 1
- Hazen, Dillard B., 1895-1973 1
- Hill, Martha Frances 1
- Houston High School (Houston, TX) 1
- Johnson Chapel Baptist Church (Mahl, TX) 1
- Johnson, Erasmus, b. 1820 1
- Kennedy, John F. (Fitzgerald), 1917-1963 1
- Lay, Daniel W. 1
- McDonald, Judy 1
- Meisenheimer, Ettie Lou Cox 1
- Moses, Morgan 1
- Nacogdoches Grocery Company 1
- Pickett, C. A. (Cornelius Augustus), 1902-1990 1
- Price, Elijah, 1791-1852 1
- Sadler, L. E. Johnson 1
- Sadler, Otis 1
- Sanford, Gary B. 1
- Stephen F. Austin State University 1
- Texas. Game, Fish, and Oyster Commission -- Officials and employees 1
- Texas. Parks and Wildlife Department 1
- United States Army 1
- United States. Forest Service 1
- Wade, Birdie Belle Davis 1
- William M. Rice Institute 1
- Y'Barbo, Antonio Gil, 1729-1809 1 ∧ less