Showing Collections: 1 - 13 of 13
This is an unprocessed collection. Portions of it have been re-housed, but not thoroughly enoughed described to be considered processed. There are 1190 boxes and 619 books & ledgers.
Ledger lists customers' names, purchases and cost of those purchases. There is customer index at beginning of ledger.
The records in this collection include deeds, blueprints, insurance contracts, liens, and other papers relating to the different mills operated by the company.
This collection consists of the business records for the Foster Lumber Company.
This collection covers a portion of the business records of the Frost-Johnson Lumber Company.
Six volumes 1907-1975, of minute books of the Board of Directors
Most of the collection consists of routine correspondence for both John B. McGee, chief clerk at Deweyville mill and Cecil Smith, manager of the Deweyville mill for the year 1940, as well as others. There are also pamphlets, applications, inventories, lists and miscellaneous business records.
The Pickering Lumber Company Collection mostly contains documents pertaining to East Texas and Western Louisiana. The collection contains land surveys, business correspondence, oil and gas lease records, ledgers, and maps. The collection contains 18 boxes of documents, records and correspondance, 5 boxes of dismantled and intact ledgers, and 52 maps.
The collection consists of correspondence between Santa Fe Industries, the minority stock holders, and the lawyers and lumber experts they used.
This collection consists of records relating to the business activities of the J. M. Thompson, Thompson-Tucker, Thompson Brothers, Rock Creek, Texas Long Leaf and Houston County lumber companies, and other small lumber companies in which the Thompsons had an interest. There are also records relating to the Thompson Brothers Mineral Company.
The collection consists of research notes, unpublished manuscripts and a large collection of the newspaper articles Block wrote for the 'Beaumont Enterprise between 1998 and 2004. The collection also has the manuscript pages by chapter for 'Mill Towns and Ghost Towns of East Texas', which contains information about mill towns, sawmills, tram roads, and logging camps relating to East Texas lumbering towns.
- Subject: Lumber trade X
- Lumber trade -- Texas, East 8
- Lumbering -- Texas, East 7
- Business records -- Texas, East 6
- Sawmills -- Texas, East 4
- Lumber trade 3
- Lumbering -- Texas 2
- Sawmills -- Texas 2
- Boards of directors -- Records and correspondence 1
- Business records 1
- Business records -- Texas -- Angelina County 1
- Correspondence 1
- Forests and forestry -- Texas 1
- Ghost towns -- Texas, East 1
- Logging -- Texas, East 1
- Lumber trade -- Mergers 1
- Lumber trade -- Texas -- Angelina County 1
- Mineral rights -- Texas, East 1
- Mining corporations -- Texas, East 1
- Photographs 1
- Postmasters -- Texas 1
- Shelby County (Tex.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Small business -- Texas -- Shelby County 1
- Stockholders 1
- Stores, Retail -- Texas -- Shelby County 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Veterans 1 ∧ less
- Angelina County Lumber Company 2
- Block, W. T. 1
- Charles A. Manning 1
- Daniel Lumber Company 1
- Daniel, Awtrey Fleming, 1894-1955 1
- Daniel, William Fleming, 1867-1951 1
- Edwards Brothers Lumber Company 1
- Edwards, H. C. (Hugh Clete), d. 1953 1
- Edwards, R. L. (Robert Lee), d. 1951 1
- Foster Lumber Company 1
- Foster, John McCullough, 1832-1899 1
- Frost Lumber Industries 1
- Frost-Johnson Lumber Company 1
- Frost-Trigg Lumber Company 1
- Kirby Lumber Company 1
- Newton County Lumber Company 1
- San Augustine County Lumber Company (1916-1923) -- Records and correspondence 1
- Santa Fe Industries -- History -- Sources 1
- Thompson Brothers Lumber Company -- Records and correspondence 1 ∧ less