Land titles -- Texas -- Nacogdoches
Found in 7 Collections and/or Records:
This collection has the family bibles of John and Elvira McClean Holdeman and Alma Florence McCasland Holdeman as well as photocopies of Republic of Texas land documents and Confederate military service records of the Nacogdoches family.
This collection consists of original deeds and other documents relating to the von der Hoya family in Nacogdoches. One item of interest is a conveyance of property in Nacogdoches from Thomas J. Rusk to Bennett Blake which includes the Red House. The Red House was the Old Spanish Barracks until 1832, and in 1845 it became Nacogdoches University.
Legal documents pertaining to Nacogdoches area land transactions make up the bulk of this collection, though there is also some correspondence, an insurance policy for the Swift Bros. livery barn, and a map of land off Bois d'Arc Street.