Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 24
This collection consists of materials from the Atkinson and Fall families of Chireno, Texas. The bulk of the materials are land records (deeds, deeds of trust and warranty deeds), but there are also some business receipts, tax receipts, and a poem.
The collection contains photographs, letters, genealogical information, and news articles related to the Atkinson-Gray families.
Joel Birdwell family land documents from Nacogdoches and Rusk Counties.
This collection contains many different types of materials. There are newspapers, newspaper clippings, photographs, diplomas, certificates, correspondence, wills and probate records, journals, newsletters, and several books. Some items of note include plaques honoring various family members and the Arthur and Maude Cleaver’s original Prairie View A and M diplomas from the 1911-1912.
The collection contains the original marriage certificate of Kit Patton to Cora Mast, a poem by Cora Mast, a letter to her sister Leona Mast and one to her brother Oscar Mast.
The collection contains four original land deeds (1849-1851) and copies of two other land documents. There are also several biographical and genealogical materials, including a typescript of an account by Jesse H. Muckleroy (son of David) tracing the family's move from Tennessee to Texas and the establishment of their farm near Nacogdoches.
The collection mostly consist of genealogical information on the Davidson and allied families.
The collection consists primarily of photographs from the turn of the 20th century, but also includes death notices and correspondence.
The Henry Brewer Family Papers consist of business and family correspondence; land grant and title papers; deeds, field notes, and plats; tax receipts; accounts, promissory notes and receipts; resolutions; Baptist Church session minutes and other publications; the Brewer Family Bible [too fragile to handle]; and genealogical materials.
This collection consists of original documents and research materials collected by Mary Martha Hackney on the Ingraham family of Nacogdoches County, the Blount family of San Augustine County, the Gough family, and other families connected to them, including the B. F. Prices, Landons and Tuckers. The collection contains photocopies, carbons, typescripts, and original manuscript materials.
The bulk of the collection consists of letters between Francis H. Tucker ("Hal") and his wife Elcee Rosina Ingraham Tucker ("Rosa"); and Ingraham family land records and tax statements for property in Angelina and Cherokee counties. There are also a few letters from family, friends, and business associates. Other materials in the collection include telegrams, wedding invitations, and a locket of Rosa Tucker's hair in one of her letters to her husband.
The bulk of the collection consists of family letters. Most letters were written by family members in Jackson County, North Carolina to William Kerr(1839-1912) in Texas. Letters from Jesse Kerr were addressed to both his brother William and his son William.
The collection includes business and personal correspondence, especially from Missoura's daughter Mintie who lived in Mexico and Columbia while her husband worked for the Texas Company (now Texaco). Other items of note are corporate records of the Garrison Coal and Oil Company, and correspondence on the genealogy of the Truitt and Garrett families. The collection also contains Mrs. Price's household notebooks and other writings, photographs, and personal memorabilia.
This is a small collection of family photos, newspaper clippings and announcements.
The letters and business papers included in the Orton Family Papers concern mostly the Sidney Maury Orton family. In addition, many letters concern the Mt. Enterprise Male and Female Academy, where Sidney and Louisa's children attended school. Many of the letters in the collection have typed transcripts.
- Subject: Family records X
- Genealogy 6
- Families -- Texas, East 5
- Photographs 5
- Correspondence 4
- Business records 2
- Families -- History 2
- Land titles -- Texas -- Nacogdoches County 2
- Land titles -- Texas, East 2
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Sources 2
- Advertising 1
- African Americans -- Texas -- Nacogdoches County 1
- Business records -- Texas -- San Augustine 1
- Business records -- Texas, East 1
- Center (Tex.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 1
- Deeds 1
- Education -- Texas, East 1
- Educators -- Texas 1
- Families -- Miscellanea 1
- Farms -- Texas -- Nacogdoches County 1
- Financial statements 1
- Land grants 1
- Land titles 1
- Legislators -- Texas 1
- Letterheads 1
- Letters 1
- Liberty bonds 1
- Lithography 1
- Love-letters 1
- Manuscripts 1
- Marriage records 1
- Medicine -- Formulae, receipts, prescriptions 1
- Nacogdoches County (Tex.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Petroleum industry and trace -- Records and correspondence 1
- Poetry 1
- Postmasters -- Texas -- Chireno 1
- Prairie View A & M University 1
- Scrapbooks -- Texas -- Nacogdoches 1
- Shelby County (Tex.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Shelby County (Tex.) -- Records and correspondence 1
- Soldiers -- Texas 1
- Texas, East -- History -- Sources 1
- War posters, American 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans 1 ∧ less
- Bone Family 1
- Brewer, Henry 1
- Crossland, Burton 1
- Garrison Coal and Oil Company 1
- Hackney, Mary Martha 1
- Maxwell, Robert S., Dr. 1
- Moore, G. Townsend Bedell (Gregory), 1840-1908 1
- Moses, Morgan 1
- Mt. Enterprise Male and Female Academy 1
- Muckleroy, David 1
- Muckleroy, Jesse H. 1
- Orr, Alfred Everitt, 1886- 1
- Orton, Louisa M. 1
- Orton, Sidney Maury, 1818-1859 1
- Owens, Alice Stephens, b. 1883 1
- Patton, Cora Mast 1
- Price, Elijah, 1791-1852 1
- Price, Missoura Garrett, 1869-? 1
- Price, Temperance, d. ca. 1859 1
- Sanders, J. B. (John Barnette) 1
- Sanders, J. B. (John Barnette), 1903-1980 -- Correspondence 1
- Stephens, William Edwin 1
- Stephens, William Edwin, 1856-1930 -- Diaries 1 ∧ less