Nacogdoches University Records
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of original records including memos, correspondence, reports, specifications for a building, materials regarding applications for President of the University, tax receipts, papers relating to Keachi College business, and the Treasurer's Register.
Language of Materials
The collection is in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for research.
Biographical or Historical Information
Nacogdoches University was chartered in 1845 with its first home being the "Red House." In 1858 a permanent brick building was erected on Washington Square. Except for brief periods the university remained in operation until 1895. During the Civil War, the buildings were used for a hospital and quarters for Confederate Soldiers, and during Reconstruction the buildings served as headquarters for a Federal regiment.
1.00 Cubic Feet
This collection consists of 102 items described in 12 folders and two clamshell boxes.
- Guide to the Nacogdoches University Records
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the East Texas Research Center Repository