Found in 60 Collections and/or Records:
Most of the collection centers around the 1951 Army Security Agency ROTC Summer Camp. Vernon was an editor on the pictorial book created to document their expereinces. Many of the photographs have detailed descriptions on the back, including ones that were not added to the book.
This collection contains newspaper clippings, letters and other correspondence, business proposals, committee meeting minutes, brochures, maps, and photographs. Also included in the collection are a historic Bible from 1947, a community service award, an unused baby book, and photographs of former sheriff A.J. Spradley.
This is a small collection and consists primarily of photographs and newspaper clippings about the family of Charles H. Tindall. The collection also includes a song book and Dr. Tindall's prescription book.
The collection consists of original manuscript letters, photocopies of official documents, material from published works, explanatory notes and a large number of historic photographs relating to the families. Most of the collection focuses on Samuel H. Page and his descendants.
The papers, letters, articles, and photographs in this collection were used by Gretchen Patterson in 2018 for her Master’s thesis “The Preservation of the Colonial Spanish Horse and Robert E. Brislawn, Sr.” These items came into her possession when the Horse of the Americas Registry re-incorporated in the State of Texas in 2000. Patterson is the official secretary of the corporation as well as the registrar.
This collection consists of the papers of Daniel W. Lay, author and wildlife biologist in East Texas. Works provide an alternate viewpoint from the heavily industry-oriented area. It includes correspondence, newspaper clippings, publications, reports, research notes, negatives, and photographs.
The bulk of this collection consists of deeds, but there are also promissory notes, photographs, negatives, several land surveys, some estate papers, a land grant, and a plat map. The majority of the documents pertain to Nacogdoches County.
Researchers may find several of the c.1920s photographs and negatives in folder 1 to be of particular interest.
The majority of the collection consists of both the Easley and Thornton family photos from 1900-1937. A few interesting photos include those of the newly built Canton Court House in 1937. This collection also contains a blank marriage license, personal letters, and postcards.
The collection contains photographs, postcards, correspondence, and newspaper articles pertaining to Mr. Evans' research on East Texas Homes.
Photographs (18); postcards (12); funeral notice and obituary of Fred W. Harlacher; and genealogical research (photocopies of pedigree charts, family trees, notes, and photographs) on the Flores and Patterson families